With more than 500 million Instagram users worldwide. Instagram is a handy marketing tool for lifestyle brands and companies who want to tell a visual story.
Most companies have difficulties with attracting followers on Instagram to increase their reach and their brand recognition.
Does that also count for you? No worries: in this article, you will discover 6 handy tips to get more followers on Instagram. Let’s start!
1. Complete your Instagram business profile
The first impression is important, right? Well, the first thing you could do to get a good impression on Instagram is to make a good business profile.
In this article, you will read about what a business profile is, what the benefits are of a business profile and how to make an attractive business page. Here are 5 short tips to set up a good Instagram business profile.
- Choose a good username
- Add a nice profile picture
- Fill your biography
- Publish unique and visual content
- Add an URL so people can visit your website, web page or blog posts.
2. Invite your available contacts
Make use of available networks to get more followers on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile
- Click on the button to go to your settings
- Click on the button ‘follow people’ you can find the button ‘facebook-friends’ or ‘contacts’
- Follow profiles that look interesting to you
If you invite people from your networks they will get a notification and hopefully, they will follow you back.
Family, friends, and acquaintances are the first important step to get more followers on Instagram.
3. Follow the proposed consumers
Proposed consumers are users that Instagram selects on a foundation of who you are following, your list of contacts or Instagram posts that you have liked earlier.
This is a good way to gain more followers on Instagram with a target audience and cavity.
4. Publish unique and attractive content
Instagram is at the moment – together with Pinterest – one of the most visual social media.
Publish regularly! Post nice and original pictures and videos that users don’t see somewhere else, as for example behind-the-scenes pictures, sneak previews, teasers, and events. Think about exclusive content!
Be real and tell the story of your brand
The pictures you are posting need to be nice in the eyes, but also suited to your account. Don’t be afraid to experiment, and pay attention to what your followers like and how they react to the messages.
Also, share creative and quality pictures in high resolution. Pay attention to that. Are you using a text in a picture? Go over different appliances and look if the text is readable.
5. Post regularly, when your followers are online
How many times do you need to post?
Different sources and studies say different things. So: experiment. Here are single tips on basis of our experience:
- Minimal 1 per day, maximum 3 daily
- Variation and scatter the time
- Don’t post to post: quantity is important, but quality is more important
When to post on Instagram?
Post when your followers are online. This is easy to go over with your Instagram business profile:
- Click on your business profile
- Click above on the bar chart icon
- Click at ‘followers’ on more represent
- Scroll to followers
- Look at the ‘hour’ on which hours your followers are online (you can see per day the most active hours)
- Look at ‘days’ for the most popular days
6. Be smart, use hashtags
A #hashtag is a word or a sentence with a cross hatch in front. Add 4 or 10 to any, because it’s a description of your Instagram picture or video to let them know what they can see: the topic, the location, the industry, etc.
Be specific, relevant and describing
Your message will be on this way easy to find by people who are searching for a topic and it leads you to more visitors on your website.
Hope you enjoyed our 6 most loved tips for Instagram see you in our next blog!