In today’s world the number of Social media users is growing at a pleasing rate, since January 2016 an astonishing 480 Million businesses jumped on board. So with this many users on social media platforms the question then becomes what are the most effective ways to use these platforms such as Face book, Instagram etc. Is it Videos or plain post?
The generic and standard way to use these platforms would be to just put some writing on the post and publish it, which is perfectly fine now that there are things like emojis and hash tags that keep the readers interested and makes post accessible to millions. But we believe in most cases videos can be more effective that posts and heres why.
5 Reasons why videos are better than normal posts.
- You can add more information- In most social media platforms like Twitter, there is a character barrier which means sometimes you cannot have as much information as you want. With videos, you can include all the information you want and it won’t be too long.
- Interactive – It’s no secret that a lot of posts are either too short or too long which leads to people either losing interest or not taking in any of the information that way presented to them. Videos are interactive and have things moving around which will keep the brain alert and even if the information doesn’t appeal to the reader, they taken in the information.
- Responses – If you compare the two ( Videos and Social media ) Compare the most commented posts and the most commented videos, Video wins the battle with YouTube videos generating a much wider response.
- Demonstrate Skill – Creating a video isn’t always straight forward, a professionally created video takes time and effort so when a business puts out a self made video it demonstrates the skill that there is within the business.
- Views – The last and not least is simply views, if someone comes across a video and a post chances are they will click on the video as seen people average thousands to millions of views on videos.
We are not saying posts should stop for videos, but we believe it is extremely healthy for you business’ social media to keep it mixed between videos and regular posts.